Friday 13 November 2015

Christmas Ornaments

Hey guys!

Today I have a DIY project to share with you - christmas ornaments made with nail polish inspired by cutepolish!


You need some plain glass ornaments and a lot of nail polish!


I found these plain glass ornaments at Panduro (a Danish hobby store).


First up is this snowflake ornament.
I used OPI Give Me Space as the base (on the inside of the ornament). Afterwards I stamped the snowflakes with MoYou London Festive 02 and Mundo de Uñas White. Lastly I placed glitters from Essie Set in Stones around the ornament and on the snowflakes.


Next up is this pepperminty ornament.
For the base on the inside of the ornament I used piCture pOlish Minty. Then I freehanded the candy canes with white and red acrylic paint.


Time for this glitter gradient ornament.
I started off with a red base of Essie Forever Yummy on the inside of the ornament. Afterwards I used a make-up sponge and Essie Beyond Cozy to make the gradient effect.


Next is this christmas tree inspired ornament.
I used Essie Going Incognito as the dark green base inside the ornament. Then I sponged on Essie Set in Stones, dotted the tinsels with Essie No Place Like Chrome and Essie Good as Gold, and finally freehanded the christmas balls with Essie Forever Yummy and piCture pOlish Bridget.


Last up is this jingle bell ornament.
I started off with China Glaze Golden Enchantment on the inside of the ornament. While that was still a little wet I added the gold bells so that they stick to the sides of the ornament.

And that's it! I still have one ornament with a white base and I do not know what yo do with it. Do you guys have any ideas? And what do you guys think about this DIY?
Let me know in the comments!

Stay polished.
- Louise

2 comments:

  1. I really want to try these! Did you apply any type of um.. top coat? to the outside to protect the images?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please do! And do show pictures if you do!
      I did not apply any top coat on the outside of the ornament :)

      Delete