Tuesday 6 June 2017

Le Mini Macaron Gel Manicure Kit

Hey guys!

Today I have a swatch and review of the Gel Manicure Kit from Le Mini Macaron in the color Cherry Red.
This kit is SPONSORED but everything I write about it is my honest opinion.


The kit contains an LED lamp with USB-cable and power supply, a 10 ml bottle of gel polish, a cuticle pusher, a mini nail file, 10 remover pads and instruction folders.
A cool thing about this set is that the tools (including the LED lamp) matches the color of the gel polish!

When reading this review bear in mind that this is my first time ever trying gel polish.


First off, this gel polish is opaque, shiny, leveled out and beautiful in two coats. I did find the gel polish a little hard to work with though. It shrank away from the cuticle area and the tips of the nails after application. This made it hard to apply as I was trying to apply it as close to my cuticle area as possible without touching the cuticles at the same time. Other than that the formula was smooth and easy to work with.

The dry time is great (30 seconds between each layer), but you can only cure one nail at the time, which slows the process down a lot. A good tip is to apply polish to the next nail while another nail is curing in the LED lamp. But I would still say that regular nail polish is faster to apply when using a quick drying top coat.

My last concern is that my nails were stinging a little bit when curing in the LED lamp. I do not know if this is normal, as I have never tried gel polish before, but it felt uncomfortable nonetheless.

I did not have the opportunity to test the lasting time on this polish (they promise up to 10 days lasting time), but let me know if you would like me to test it!

What do you guys think about this review?
Let me know in the comments!

Stay polished.
- Louise

No comments:

Post a Comment